Monday, August 30, 2010

Being Seasick Really Sucks


I was ridiculously sea sick today. In the morning, I could barely get out of my bed and to the bathroom without feeling like I was going to vomit all of my innards. I tried to get ready for my classes that day, but eventually gave up. And for the first time in my college career..... I skipped a class (actually two). There was no way I was going to make it through my Macroeconomics and Global Studies class with seas this rough and the ship rocking this much. I was bed-ridden for the rest of that day. I couldn't sleep, couldn't get out of bed, and didn't even feel hungry. Eventually I got out of bed around dinner and made my way for the cafeteria, where all I felt like eating was some romaine lettuce, cucumbers, and plums (and I couldn't even finish those). Fortunately I met a nice guy from my Macroecon class, who was also a student from Mumbai, and he gave me some company. The ship started wobbling even more, and I went back to my room and bed. I wasn't able to attend my deck's (Mediterranean sea's) dinner and scavenger hunt, which made me really sad (I was really looking forward to meeting more people from my sea). But what can one do you know? I was feeling the depression that accompanies all the times one gets sick. It was not a good feeling at all. Hopefully I can sleep some more tonight and feel better for tomorrow.
-Nimish
Sunday August 29, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment