Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Me Day

Today was a “me” day. Our macroeconomics presentation went well, and in Global Studies we had a guest speaker who worked in Sudan where she had lost her leg when I supply crate fell on it. She was very knowledgeable and taught us a great deal about the conflicts going on in Sudan. After a quick Lunch, I went to Dean David’s office where he requested me to do the preport for India and explained how to go about this and what I should talk about. I am going to talk about “Dos and Dont's” in India and I’m always glad to spread my knowledge (I know a lot of people are going to ask me many questions anyway. I then went to Ben’s art class (I’m not actually in it, but he invited me to be a guest since I enjoy art so much). It was a fun time, but I must say that I would not want to take art as a academic class; it would ruin art for me if I was graded for it. I then went back to the Garden Lounge and had lunch again. I went back to my room and had some alone time, since I kind of wanted to get away from people for a little bit. I watched a movie, and enjoyed my time with myself. Today was Canadian Thanksgiving so we had a special dinner, after which I hung out with Jason before my group history project at 9. No one showed up to it, so I went back and hung out with Jason for longer in his room for a little while, before we headed up to the Union to participate in the Drumming Circle event. My Ghanaian drum is definitely out of tune, and I need to figure out how to tune it, but it was still a lot of fun I really enjoyed the different beats and rhythms. I went back to my room until I went to sleep. Today was a “me” day.
-Nimish
October 11, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment