Monday, September 20, 2010

Oh Captain, my Captain

We hit some rough seas today. First time since the first day of classes. I was good in the morning, but after having two classes in a row in the Union (which is in the front of the ship, which rocks the most), I was not feeling to well. I then attended my Bridge Tour, in which I went onto the bridge of the ship, and was introduced to the various gizmos and gadgets that runs this floating home of ours. I was also allowed to wear our captains hat, and sit in his chair to get a picture. The tour, however, was in the very front of the ship, and after our tour I was quite out of it with sea sickness. Lesson of the day: Captain Crunch and Raisin Bran are not easily digested cereals. Fortunately the waters calmed down further on during the day, so I was able to leave my room and get some studying done for various classes. I have lots of stuff coming up, so I have lots of "work" to do. But its all in good fun. That's the thing I really like about this voyage; no matter what happens (aside from sea sickness) you are always in a pleasant mood.
-Nimish
September 19, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment