Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back to Classes

Oh yeah, classes again. Today was our first day of classes after like 11 day. Its so weird not having a break from classes right after starting classes, and then going back to them after traveling to two countries I have never been to.  It was like coming back to school after winter break, only it wasn't winter, it was September. After Macroecon and Global Studies, I tried to get some work done, which failed miserably. So instead I tried to do some research for travel in Ghana. I really have no idea what I'm going to do there. I'm not sure if I just want to sign up for some FDPs that open up, get some independent travel, or do an overnight trip with a local Ghana tour guide. I need to get this figured out soon. We only have a week before we get there. I spent hours hanging out with some friends, and not getting work done. In truth though, I really didn't have any work to do anyway, so I was feeling guilty or anything :). At some time, after dinner, I went back to my room and watch some TV shows (I felt like having some alone time). Around 9 Ben, Tisha, Jason, and I went up to the 7th deck to play some soccer. Initially there were only 4 of us, that changed to 6 and then to 12. We played for a good 2 hours, after which we were tired and sore. But it was all very good fun. It was great to play soccer again after like 3 years. Ben then needed to get some drawing done for his class, and I felt like drawing for fun, so we went to the Dining Hall and found Amy who was reading poetry. Around 1, we called it a night and went to bed. I'm excited for tomorrow, because Father Tutu will be signing books. Another day awaits.
-Nimish
September 15, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment